Aim and ScopeThe 12th annual workshop on Visualisation in Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (VizGEC), to be held at GECCO 2021 online, will explore, evaluate and promote current visualisation developments in the area of genetic and evolutionary computation (GEC). Visualisation is a crucial tool in this area, providing vital insight and understanding into algorithm operation and problem landscapes as well as enabling the use of GEC methods on data mining tasks. Particular topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- visualisation of the evolution of a synthetic genetic population;
- visualisation of algorithm operation;
- visualisation of problem landscapes;
- visualisation of multi-objective trade-off sets;
- the use of genetic and evolutionary techniques for visualising data;
- novel technologies for visualisation within genetic and evolutionary computation;
- visualisation to facilitate interactive evolution;
- visualisation in real-world applications.
- Paper submission opens: 11th February 2021
- Paper submission deadline: 12th April 2021
- Notification of acceptance: 26th April 2021
- Final papers due: 3rd May 2021
- GECCO workshops (exact VizGEC date TBC): 10th and 11th July 2021
SubmissionEach accepted submission will be presented orally at the workshop and distributed in the workshop proceedings to all GECCO attendees. Authors should follow the format of the GECCO manuscript style; further details are available here. Manuscripts should not exceed 8 pages. Papers should be submitted here. Acceptance to the workshop will be based on peer review of submitted papers.
For further information, please contact David Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org