Aim and ScopeThe 10th annual workshop on Visualisation in Genetic and Evolutionary Computation (VizGEC), to be held at GECCO 2019 in Prague, will explore, evaluate and promote current visualisation developments in the area of genetic and evolutionary computation (GEC). Visualisation is a crucial tool in this area, providing vital insight and understanding into algorithm operation and problem landscapes as well as enabling the use of GEC methods on data mining tasks. Particular topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
- visualisation of the evolution of a synthetic genetic population;
- visualisation of algorithm operation;
- visualisation of problem landscapes;
- visualisation of multi-objective trade-off sets;
- the use of genetic and evolutionary techniques for visualising data;
- novel technologies for visualisation within genetic and evolutionary computation;
- visualisation to facilitate interactive evolution;
- visualisation in real-world applications.
- Paper submission opens: 27th February 2019
- Paper submission deadline: 3rd April 2019
- Notification of acceptance: 17th April 2019
- Final papers due: 24th April 2019
- GECCO workshops (exact VizGEC date TBC): 13th and 14th July 2019
SubmissionEach accepted submission will be presented orally at the workshop and distributed in the workshop proceedings to all GECCO attendees. Authors should follow the format of the GECCO manuscript style; further details are available at http://gecco-2019.sigevo.org/index.html/Papers+Submission+Instructions. Manuscripts should not exceed 8 pages (excluding references). Papers should be submitted at https://ssl.linklings.net/conferences/gecco/.
Acceptance to the workshop will be based on peer review of submitted papers.
For further information, please contact David Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org.